Love your body by eating the right foods. Eat plenty of vegetables and whole fruits.
During the month of February I will highlight foods and apps that you may want to check out. I'm testing the "Eat This Much" app. My review later in the month.
"Do everything in love."
1Corinthians 16:14 NIV
5 Fitness Items less than $20
• Earbuds bluetooth wireless - Amazon.com
• Workout Anytime ($15 per month)
• Groupon Fit Trackers
• Exercise Mats - Walmart, Aldi, Ross
• Sneakers - Sears, Ross, iOffer
"Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
Ephesians 4:31-32 NIV
IN THE NEWS
• A new human organ discovered. Read about it here.
6 TIPS FOR SETTING GOALS
1 - Must be well defined
2 - State it in writing
3 - State it in the positive
4 - Must have a deadline
5 - Must have a sincere emotional appeal
6 - Must be difficult, yet realistic
"38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
- Romans 8:38-39 NIV
My top 3 affordable fit gifts, just in time for Christmas! Or any day!
#3) The Kindle Fire for only $39.99
#2) A gift card from a grocery store
#1) CASH in a Christmas Card ;-)
18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about[d]: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet[e] did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.
20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[f] because he will save his people from their sins.”
22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”[g] (which means “God with us”).
24 When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25 But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
Matthew 1:18-25 NIV
IN THE NEWS
• December 1st was World AIDS Day
UNDER $50 - FIT GIFT IDEAS
• Gift cards from health food stores
• Buy an assortment of supplements
• Arrange multiple supplements in a gift box
• A $49.99 BuffBoxx.com subscription
• A 1-Year fitness magazine gift subscription
• Purchase a premium service like a massage, or a personal training session at the recipient's fitness center.
"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!"
2 Corinthians 9:15 NIV
IN THE NEWS
• Health victories from Nov. 8th election. CLICK HERE
TIPS TO AVOID OVEREATING THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
1) Portion control. Eat more vegetables.
2) Eat breakfast and lunch before Thanksgiving meal.
3) Drink water. CLICK HERE
4) Put food away after dinner to avoid snacking
5) Eat slower CLICK HERE
6) Don't eat the skin. Choose white meat. CLICK HERE
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
Philippians 4:6 NIV
IN THE NEWS
• YMCA gets federal funding for diabetes program. Read more.
• It's open enrollment for the Affordable Care Act. Nov. 1, 2016 - Jan. 31, 2017. Click here to start.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Shine Walker - 2016 Visual Art Carnaval Overall Winner
October 21, 2016. Carnival Fitness Cruise. Miami - Nassau Bahamas.
3 THINGS TO GIVE THANKS ABOUT
• Family and friends
• Good health
• The ability to earn an income.
"For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord."
Proverbs 8:35 NIV
OCTOBER IS BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
TREATS of SUGAR
Do you know how much sugar is in that treat? Visit CalorieCount.com for a list of some of your favorite Halloween treats.
Here are a few:
- Starlight Peppermint - 10 grams
- M&M's, 23 grams
- Jolly Rancher, 3 pieces, 8 grams
- Skittles, 47 grams
- Hershey, 24 grams
- Kit Kat, 20 grams
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
Frugal Fitness Man is a certified fitness trainer, TRX STC & GSTC Trainer and former natural Pro Bodybuilder who lives in Metro Atlanta, GA. This site was started to help those who want to get fit without spending a fortune.